Saturday, September 15, 2012

Meet Tommy!

About a week ago, I sent out a questionnaire to everyone on the team. I hoped that it would be a fun way for us all to get to know the team members a little better together. :) Tommy was the first to respond to my email interview. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have. Here are his answers:

Have you ever been to India before? Yes, 8 times. What's your connection to India? My wife comes from India, so I have a lot of family there. Any interesting stories or memories? India is the place my wife fell in love with me. She resisted until I told her that I wanted to be with her for life. She panicked for two days, then her heart melted away for me. :) That's my side of the story, anyway!

How did you decide to go on this trip? I love being apart of teams from Northside that serve in India. It's a great joy for me.

What do you feel your role is on the team? I am on of the leaders of the team. That carries a lot of responsibility in making sure everything goes smoothly and that the communication between our team is clear and on target.

What are you most excited about doing in India or as part of the team? I look forward to serving with my family and friends. So excited!!

What do you think will be your greatest challenge? Preparing my three messages.

If you've been to India before, what do you think is the biggest difference between India and America? Relationships. Indians always have time for relationships. Americans are very efficient and place a high priority on getting things done in a timely manner, not always giving time for relationships. When these two work together it really is a beautiful thing!

And last of all... What is your favorite Indian dish? Absolutely butter chicken and naan!!! Saloni is quite good but that's more of a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment