Saturday, September 22, 2012

Meet Linda!

Here's what Linda said. Literally, the best answer to the interesting story question! I laughed so hard. Thank you for sharing, Linda!

Have you ever been to India before? YES! This will be my fourth time! What's your connection to India? Shiny, my beautiful daughter-in-law, her family, and those that do not know Christ there. Any interesting stories or memories? Yes. I accidentally wore the beautiful underskirt and top from Mama Pushpa's house to Shiny's mom's house so they could help me put the sari on, not realizing that the skirt and top are considered underwear! Oh my!



How did you decide to go on this trip? A love to lead teams to India, so that other Christians can experience what God is doing around the world.

What do you feel your role is on the team? To help others see how God looks at the world: it's not all about America, but it is about all the amazing people and cultures God has created for His glory!

What are you most excited about doing in India or as part of the team? I love to see the teaching and serving that is already going on there and the hard work these people are doing.

What do you think will be your greatest challenge? The greatest challenge will be to prepare the two lessons and to make those lessons relevant to those hearing it.

If you've been to India before, what do you think is the biggest difference between India and America? Indians care more about the "inside": relationships, how you treat others, taking time to really talk. Americans care more about "outside" things: neat and tidy yards, washed cars, material things.

And last of all... What is your favorite Indian dish? Which one do I pick? There are so many! How about chicken tiki masala? Tiki means boneless – I'm not a big fan of bones in my meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment