Saturday, September 8, 2012

Getting Ready (Part Two)

Besides a great deal of prayer and reading Bible commentaries to help me with my topics that I will present at the conference, I (and the rest of the team) have had to do some paper work. This is the stuff that falls under the category of "less fun than taking the team photo." Last week we applied for our Visas online. I always wonder, when encountering such activities, does technology really make our lives easier? It's kind of like fail-safe machines: the more complex the fail-safe, the greater the opportunity for failure. Anyway, of course my application is the one that has problems going through. For whatever reason, the online visa application site does not like my computer. The other option could be "operator error," but we all know that is just impossible! In any case, in order to get a visa, one has to fill out the application and mail it to an office in San Francisco, along with one's passport, two passport photos, and a money order of the application fee. Well, I have never taken out a money order before. In fact, I avoid going to the physical location of my bank as much as possible. However, they were really nice there, charged me an extra fee, but I took two of their free lollipops in recompense. Also, who made the rules for passport photos? Literally, the worst photos I have ever taken in my life.

After all of the set backs (I filled out this form online 6 or 7 times before it finally worked on my dad's computer), it all worked out and Val sent in the applications for us. Thank you, Val! :) Although, I shouldn't complain. I'm sure everyone's application had complications. Someone (I don't remember who) was joking that it was funny that we spend so much time being careful to get everything right and bringing the proper documents, when everything is much more relaxed in India. I hope everything will work out... We shall see! :)

Tickets have already been bought. I have my itinerary sitting in my email inbox and it's pretty exciting to just to look at it!

Don't forget to come to our table after each service. I will be there tonight-- come say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment